Sunday, January 11, 2009

1st Anniversary

It's been a year now since I started my blog. This was the first paragraph I wrote on January 1, 2008.

I have been thinking about maintaining a blog and thought to use the New year day as an opportunity to start it. I hope I will be able to "maintain" it and it wont end up being a one time thing. There really are a lot of topics to write about, from work related topics to writing about parenting (since I am a brand new father), to writing about my interests and other thoughts. The challenge I think is to keep it going since the interest and energy levels probably wane off once the initial excitement dies down.

Honestly, I think I have only been partially successful at keeping the blog going. What has been a challenge is blogging regularly. There were a total of 40 posts in the year. 31 of these came in the first half of the year! That may also have been due to the fact that I moved to a new location and unit in June last year and the work has been really hectic as one would expect in a new unit with really aggressive targets to achieve.

Anyway, enough excuses and let me get back to regular blogging this year.

No comments: